Atlanta Sex Crime Lawyer
If you have been charged with an sex crime in Atlanta or elsewhere in Georgia, finding an experienced attorney should be high on your list. Georgia law imposes harsh penalties in sex crime convictions and having an experienced Atlanta sex crime attorney to protect your rights is imperative. The Odom Law Firm provides legal defense to Georgia clients facing sex crime charges. Mr. Odom has defended and protected the rights of criminal defense clients for two decades.
Atlanta sex crimes and defense
Every year, individuals are wrongfully accused of and charged with sex crimes. Regardless of guilt or innocence, if sex crimes are alleged, you have no choice but to mount a defense. And the importance of having a skilled and experienced Atlanta sex crime lawyer to protect your rights cannot be underestimated. Prosecutors are often relentless in pursuing those accused of sex crimes and equally vigilant in seeking severe penalties for offenders. And a conviction can literally ruin your life.
The following are sex crimes in Atlanta and Georgia:
- Rape: Forcible sexual intercourse against the victim’s will, through force, violence, or threat.
- Sexual battery: Touching the intimate parts of another against his or her will for the purpose of sexual arousal.
- Solicitation: Paying for or offering an incentive to another for sex.
- Lewd conduct: Inappropriate touching or grabbing of another’s intimate body parts in public for sexual gratification, arousal, annoyance, or offense.
- Pandering: Solicitation of a person to perform prostitution in one’s own behalf or in behalf of another or knowingly assembling persons at a fixed location for the purpose of prostitution.
- Indecent Exposure/Public Indecency: Public sexual intercourse, exposure of genitals, lewd appearance of partial or complete nudity, or a lewd caress or indecent fondling of another person.
- Child Molestation: Any immoral or indecent act to or in the presence of or with a child under 16 with the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the person.
Additional sex crime charges in Georgia include:
- Enticing a child for indecent purposes
- Sexual exploitation of children
- Electronically furnishing obscene material to minors
- Aggravated sodomy
- Spousal rape
Learn more about the Odom Law Firm by reading the following: